III Community participation and processes incl Bottom Up Planning
- Steps taken to create awareness of the provisions of the Act. Level of knowledge of the RTE Act
- Household surveys, delineation of catchment areas of schools, restructuring of provisions as per newly generated data. Mechanisms of bottom up flow of information- eg. DISE format change
- School Management Committees (notification, guidelines, formation, understanding roles and responsibilities, subsequent action) School development planning, etc
- Local Authorities- notification, change in role. PRIs under RTE, including in PESA areas etc.
- Processes: Whether Processes for decision making, fund flow, supervision, monitoring and assessment are defined. Whether planning is centralised & bureaucratic or community based and decentralized.
- Participation of civil society and stakeholders, including formation of pressure groups for the purpose, if any.